Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spuds


Here's a new spin on my fav potato casserole. I'm always looking for ways to create something delish, but not spend a lot time in the kitchen preparing. I don't mind if it takes a bit to bake, I just don't like too much prep time. Usually you slice the potatoes and layer it. I was in a hurry to just get it in the oven that I decided to dice, mix and bake and it was perfect!
Potato Casserole
4 med baking spuds diced and rinsed
1 1/2 pound browned hamburger meat-season with dry onions, salt and pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together diced spuds, hamburger, tom soup and 3/4 c. shredded cheese. Pour in a greased 9x9 baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. It's really good with ketchup on top.

No comments: