Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tasty Salsa

This is my secret recipe. Try it and let me know if you like it as much as we do!

Salsa
1/2 c. fresh cilantro-Pick the leaves from the stems
1 small onion diced- 1 like the white ones
1 small can diced green chili's
2 tsp diced jalapeno-I use canned ones-add more depending how spicy you like it.
1 lime or 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 lg cans diced tomatoes strained


In a food processor or blender, add together onion, cilantro, green chili's and jalapenos and pulse till chopped. Scoop in strained tomatoes. Pulse until desired consistency. I pulse mine pretty well so there are no chunks. If you like chunky salsa, pulse less. Pour into a bowl. Now, you need a bag of chips ready. Squeeze the lime or lemon into the salsa. Stir and add 1/2 tsp of salt. Taste. Does it need more salt? Add more if needed. It's also yummy with chunks of avocado. The lemon or lime keeps it from turning brown. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tom and Kassie said...

THANKS KASEY!! I am headed to the store right now! For some reason I have been craving this stuff;)

Happy said...

Sounds AWESOME!!! I just got a food processor and will try it this weekend!